Wireless networks are an essential part of many small businesses, but they can also be vulnerable to cyber attacks if they are not properly secured. Here are some strategies for securing your wireless network:
- Use a strong and unique password for your wireless network. Avoid using personal information or easily guessable words, and consider using a password manager to generate and store a secure password for you.
- Enable encryption for your wireless network to protect your data from being intercepted by unauthorized users.
- Use a firewall to protect your network from external threats.
- Enable Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) or WPA2 security protocols to further secure your network.
- Regularly update the firmware on your wireless router to ensure that it has the latest security features and protections.
- Consider using a virtual private network (VPN) to encrypt your data when accessing the internet over a public or untrusted network.