Strong passwords and proper password management are essential for protecting your accounts and personal information from cyber threats. Here are some tips for ensuring that your passwords are secure:
- Use a unique password for each account. This will prevent a hacker from being able to access multiple accounts if they manage to obtain one password.
- Make your passwords long and complex. Use a combination of upper and lowercase letters, numbers, and special characters to make it harder for hackers to guess or crack your password.
- Avoid using personal information in your passwords. This includes your name, address, phone number, and other easily accessible information that a hacker could use to guess your password.
- Enable two-factor authentication (2FA) when available. This adds an extra layer of security to your accounts by requiring you to enter a code sent to your phone or email in addition to your password.
- Don’t share your passwords with anyone, including friends and family.
- Don’t write your passwords down and leave them where they can be found.
- Use a password manager to generate and store strong, unique passwords for you. This way, you don’t have to remember all of your passwords and you can be confident that they are secure.
- Change your passwords regularly, at least every few months.
- Use different passwords for your personal and work accounts to prevent the consequences of one being compromised from affecting the other.
BEST password manager 2022 in 3 minutes